ZIPP 303 FIRECREST CARBON TUBULAR REAR 700C
Zipp’s 303 Firecrest Tubular offers game-changing innovations for performance-minded cyclists. This wheelset was developed to meet the needs of our sponsored professional racers as well as any cyclist who prefer the time-proven ride qualities of riding tubulars.
Zipp’s original 303 made history by becoming the first carbon wheelset to win cycling’s two most famous Cobbled Classics, Paris-Roubaix and the Tour of Flanders. The 303’s wider rim provided extra durability, and improved aerodynamics. That wider rim also led to the development of our revolutionary Firecrest® technology. Throughout its history, the 303 has consistently served as a go-to wheelset for pros that need a versatile wheel offering an outstanding blend of aerodynamic performance and stability, climbing agility, and outstanding durability on rough roads and cross courses.
The 303 Firecrest Tubular features key technologies first developed for Zipp’s halo-level NSW wheelsets. Our Showstopper™ textured brake track delivers the best modulation and shortest stopping distances in wet and dry conditions. The ABLC™ Sawtooth™ dimple pattern helps reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability. The Firecrest rim shape optimizes the aerodynamic profile of both the front half and the back half of the wheel. In addition, Firecrest moves the center of pressure of the wheel close to the steering axis, giving the 45mm-deep rim the crosswind stability a box-section rim. And because the 303 Firecrest has been optimized for wider tires, ride quality and tire stability are better than ever. All of this provides excellence AeroBalance™, which is how we define the optimization of aerodynamic efficiency and crosswind stability.
The cycle of innovation continues with the inclusion of the 77/177 hubset – best-in-class durability and improved bearing protection with no pre-load adjustment needed.
- Optimized flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern with Sapim® CX Sprint spokes to optimize torsional and lateral stiffness and robustness.
- Includes quick-release skewers with a wider more ergonomic handle to provide more leverage for opening and closing. When closed, the lever contours neatly with the frame.
- For those looking for a wider gear range, or tackling especially extreme terrain, an XDR driver body for 177 is sold separately and easily installed to allow for more cassette options, including a 10-42. The hubset is designed to swap driver bodies without re-dishing the wheel.
The new wheels retain all the small details that make Zipp wheels what they are. Exposed spoke nipples sit in the aerodynamic shadow of the rims, keeping serviceability simple without compromising speed.
Each 303 Firecrest Tubular wheel includes:
- Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads
- Zipp Integrated Valve Extender with valve-core wrench
- Quick release