'The Run Up' Episode Two Features Liv Racing WorldTeam
Posted by Eric Roque on
21 June 2021
The new series highlighting the Women's WorldTour called The Run Up goes to France, giving a behind-the-scenes look at preparation for La Course, by Le Tour de France.
The Run Up is a new web series that takes you inside some of the WorldTour’s best teams in the days leading up to cycling’s biggest races. Filmed, edited, and launched in the days immediately before a race, The Run Up seeks to grow awareness and interest in women’s pro cycling.
The series will return on Friday June 25th, one day before La Course by Tour de France with FDJ. Visit with riders and staff from Liv Racing WorldTeam and Trek-Segafredo as they prepare for one of the largest one-day races of the year. Both teams are opening their doors, providing behind-the-scenes access to riders, and working together to highlight this historic race.
The Run Up will again be narrated by journalist and commentator José Been, who will take viewers into the exciting days before the race. “Making the first episode of The Run-Up was even more thrilling than I had anticipated”, says José Been (NLD). “Getting up, close and personal with the best athletes in the world is an enriching and inspiring experience. I hope the viewers experienced that feeling of inspiration as well and that you got on the bike like I did!”
Major teams have joined together to help highlight the anxious moments before the rubber meets the road.
"The Run Up gives a behind the scenes look at women’s road racing, insight into our fast-growing sport and to our entire Liv Racing WorldTeam. I'm thrilled fans can join us along our journey to La Course and see all of the hard work and determination it takes to race at this level,” says Pauliena Rooijakkers (NLD), Liv Racing WorldTeam rider. “I’m excited to be a part of episode two, providing insight and giving fans a real look at our journey to La Course while connecting them with more of the riders in the peloton.”
"The Run Up is a special project that offers a real and intimate insight before a big event like, in this case, La Course,” says Audrey Cordon-Ragot (FRA), Trek-Segafredo rider. “You can really see the difference in approaches between riders. Our thoughts, ambitions, and feelings. And I think it's a great way to convey our identity and, why not, to have young riders identifying with us and taking inspiration. So far it was hard to imagine this kind of show for women's cycling. Now we have the opportunity to present an exclusive behind-the-scenes look that, for La Course, takes on special meaning for me. It will be raced in Bretagne - my land, my home, my heart, among my people. Racing on my roads gives me a unique strength and it was great to be part of this episode, showing my preparation for such an important event of my season."
Tune in on June 25th and catch the action! Video hosted on www.therunupseries.com
- What is The Run Up: A semi-regular web series that takes you inside the best cycling teams in the world, immediately before they race.
- Are there more episodes: After the first episode highlighted Liège-Bastogne-Liège, the Run Up now will highlight La Course
- Which teams will take part: Liv Racing WorldTeam, and Trek-Segafredo will participate in the second episode, with the potential to add more teams in future episodes.
- How can one watch and share: The episodes will be free on YouTube, launched the day before the race. The episodes are open to share and embed.
- Follow on social: Instagram - @therunupseries
More About La Course by Le Tour de France
- When: Saturday, June 26th at 8:20am CEST
- Where: The race starts in Brest and finishes in Landerneau, France
- What: 107.4km route, including a 14km hilly finish circuit that will be laped three times and total elevation gain of 1800m
- How to Watch: Visit lacoursebyletourdefrance.com and select "Official Broadcasters" from the dropdown menu to learn more about how to view the race in your region.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: 'The Run Up'